The natural outer covering that houses the seeds of legumes like beans, lentils, peas and soybeans. The pods of many legumes are too tough to be eaten and must be removed (shelled), whereas somelike the snow peahave very tender pods that are deliciously edible.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Mayan God Painting
- Posole with Red Chile Pods and Cilantro Salsa
- Edamame (Young Soybean Pods)
- Ancho-Red Pepper Sauce
- Tomasita's Red Chile
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Striped Bass Clay Pot
- Amarone Osso Buco Pot Roast
- Oyster and Rockfish Pot Pie
- Sausage, Pepper and Onion One-Pot
- Emeril's Sausage Pot