Plum tomatoes (also called Italian plums and Romas) are flavorful egg-shaped tomatoes that come in red and yellow varieties.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Braised and Roasted Roma Tomatoes with Green Zebra Gazpacho and Grilled Sharp Cheddar
- Garlic and Herb Broiled Tomatoes
- Oven-Dried Tomatoes
- Tomatoes Stuffed with Tabbouleh Salad
- Herb and Egg Scramble with Garlic Toast and Sliced Tomato
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Mozzarella, Prosciutto, Pesto and Plum Tomato Sandwiches
- Fresh Plum Tomato Sauce
- Chill Out, Spanish Style: Yellow Tomato Gazpacho, Toasted Almond Breadcrumbs, Tuna Salad Stuffed Piquillos or Plum Tomatoes
- Roasted Salmon served with Roasted Plum Tomatoes and Caramelized Lemon Slices
- Plum and Tomato Salad