Categories: Cookware & Cooking Gadgets
A flat, smooth shovellike tool used to slide pizzas and yeast breads onto a baking stone or baking sheet in an oven. Also called a peel or baker's peel, this implement is made of hardwood and can usually be found in gourmet specialty shops.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Grilled Pizza with Prosciutto, Pesto and Taleggio Cheese
- Fig and Prosciutto Pizza
- Clams, Chilies, and Parsley Pizza
- Whole-Wheat Brussels Sprout, Squash and Ricotta Pizza
- Whole-Grain Salami and Mozzarella Pizza
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- White Pizza
- Roasted Red Pepper-Tomato Pizza with Goat Cheese, Basil and Red Chili Oil
- Mushroom and Sausage Pizza
- Chicago-Style Pan Pizza with Sausage, Mushrooms, Herbs and Tomatoes
- Peel and Eat Hot Pepper Shrimp