This all-purpose apple is a cross between the golden delicious and Lady Williams varieties. Its skin color can range from pinkish red to pale red; its crisp, juicy flesh is perfumy and sweetly tart with a hint of champagne. See also apple.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Pink Lady Cocktail
- Gina's Pink Lady Cocktails
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Brown Butter Apple Crostata with Apple Cider Caramel Sauce
- Roasted Apples with Sabayon Sauce
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Cranberry Apple Roasted Turkey Breast
- Cream of Green Apple Soup
- Garden Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Spinach and Green Apple Salad
- Miso Glazed Pink Cod