Pronunciation: [PEH-tee fohr; puh-tee FOOR]
1. Any of various bite-size iced and elaborately decorated cakes. Petit fours can be made with any flavor cake, though white and chocolate are the most common. 2. The French also use this term to describe small, fancy cookies.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Cake Petit Fours
- Honey-Mustard Glazed Pork Tenderloin with Grilled Vegetables
- Wagon Wheel Pasta with Pancetta and Peas
- Tapas-Style Pepper-Steak "Parfaits" (Small Plates, Big Taste)
- Pepper Steak Salad with Mango, Avocado and Jalapeno Vinaigrette (New Dynamic Beef Dishes)