1. Any of various unleavened doughs, the basics of which include butter (or other fat), flour and water. Examples include puff pastry, pâte brisée (pie pastry) and pâte sucrée (sweet short pastry). 2. A general term for sweet baked goods such as danish pastries and napoleons.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- "High Roller" Mushroom Puff Pastry
- Pumpkin Pastries
- Puff Pastry Cheese and Preserve Danish
- Old-Fashioned Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
- Parmesan Puff Pastry
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Salmon Baked in Puff Pastry with Truffles
- Lamb in Phyllo Pastry
- Seared Sea Scallops in Beurre Blanc with Baby Spring Vegetables in Puff Pastry
- Fattisu di Verza: Rustic Cabbage Pastries
- Pecan Dusted Puff Pastry Caramelized Pear Napoleons