A small utensil consisting of a sharp cutting wheel attached to a handle. Small pastry wheels with plain cutting edges are used to mark and cut rolled-out pastry or cookie dough. Larger, plain-edged wheels are used to cut pizza. Jagging wheels or pastry jaggers have fluted edges that cut a decorative design in pastry doughs.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Pumpkin Pastries
- Savannah Bow Ties
- Eggplant and Chocolate Pastries (Lucumie)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Millefeuilles Served in a Whiskey Glass with your choice of Chocolate, Vanilla and Raspberry Pastry Cream
- Pate Pastry Dough
- Pate Feuilletee (Puff Pastry)
- Seared Sea Scallops in Beurre Blanc with Baby Spring Vegetables in Puff Pastry
- Pastelitos de Carne (Picadillo-Filled Pastries)