Cake or pastry flour is a fine-textured soft-wheat flour with a high starch content. It makes particularly tender cakes and pastries.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Kiwi and Mango Tartlets
- The Club Sandwich
- Plum Tart with Almond Pastry Crust
- Pecan Squares
- South by Southwest
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Millefeuilles Served in a Whiskey Glass with your choice of Chocolate, Vanilla and Raspberry Pastry Cream
- Pate Pastry Dough
- Pate Feuilletee (Puff Pastry)
- Steamed Rice Flour Cakes with Dried Shrimp: Banh Beo
- Seared Sea Scallops in Beurre Blanc with Baby Spring Vegetables in Puff Pastry