A kind of pasta that translates as "gulp down." They're long, flat wide (about 5/8-inch) noodles, sometimes with rippled edges.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Pappardelle with Pulled Pork
- Pappardelle with "Osso Buco" Ragu
- Pappardelle with Hot Sausage Sauce
- Pappardelle With Snap Peas
- Pappardelle with Crayfish, Tomatoes and Lemon Basil
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Zucchini and Squash Pasta with Sweet Italian Sausage and Pappardelle
- Grilled Lamb Chop Wrapped in Black Boar Bacon served with Nutmeg Pappardelle French Peas
- Pappardelle with Wild Boar Ragu (Pappardelle al Ragu Di Cinghiale)
- Pappardelle with Sweet and Hot Sausage Ragu
- Short Rib Ragu with Drunken Pappardelle