Pronunciation: [PAHN-nah KOH-tah]
Italian for "cooked cream" panna cotta is a light, silky, eggless custard, which is often flavored with caramel. It's served cold, accompanied with fruit or chocolate sauce.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Panna Cotta with Fresh Berries
- Panna Cotta with Roasted Figs and Balsamic
- Panna Cotta with Vin Santo-Soaked Figs
- Panna Cotta with Balsamic Strawberries
- Panna Cotta with Tangerine Soup