Pronunciation: [pahn dee SPAH-nyah]
Italian for "Spanish bread," referring to spongecake.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Pan di Spagna
- Sponge Cake (Pan di Spagna)
- Zuccotto alla Ricotta
- Chocolate "Triumph of Gluttony" Cake
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Pan-Seared Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary Balsamic and Orange Sauce
- Seared Magret Duck Breasts with Duck Fat, Pan-Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Haricots Verts and a Balsamic Cherry Reduction
- Charlotte's Pan-Roasted Latin Style Garlic Soup
- Shrimp Shish Kebabs - Spiedini di Scampi
- Mushroom and Prosciutto Sauce: Ragu di Funghi e Prosciutto