Pronunciation: [pahn dee SPAH-nyah]
Italian for "Spanish bread," referring to spongecake.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Pan di Spagna
- Sponge Cake (Pan di Spagna)
- Zuccotto alla Ricotta
- Chocolate "Triumph of Gluttony" Cake
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Bean and Barley Soup: Minestra di Fagioli
- Asiago Ice Cream with Grilled Treviso: "Gelato" di Asiago con Treviso Griglia
- Pan-Asian Fried Rice
- Pan-Fried Catfish
- Chicago-Style Pan Pizza with Sausage, Mushrooms, Herbs and Tomatoes