The original version of this sweet syrup was made with a barley-almond blend. Today, however, it's made with almonds, sugar and rose water or orange-flower water. Orgeat syrup has a pronounced almond taste and is used to flavor many cocktails including the mai tai and scorpion.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Marshmallow and Liquorice Cough Syrup
- Corn Waffles with Blueberry Syrup
- Down Home Sweet Potato Pie with Maple Syrup Meringue
- Brioche French Toast with Orange Marmalade Syrup
- Maple Syrup Roasted Sweet Potato Pancakes with Citrus Brown Sugar Sauce