An all-purpose apple with a bright red skin streaked with yellow and darker crimson. The flesh is very crisp and juicy, the flavor sweetly tart. See also apple.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Brown Butter Apple Crostata with Apple Cider Caramel Sauce
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Roasted Apples with Sabayon Sauce
- Fried Apple Pies
- Apple Bomboloni
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Bourbon Apple Glazed Chicken Wings
- Double-0-Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Bowl
- Apple Crumble
- Apple Tarte Tatin
- Deep Fried Apple Pies with Cheddar Crust