1. French for "hazelnut." 2. A small, tender, round slice of meat (usually lamb, beef or veal) taken from the rib or loin. See also beurre noisette; pommes noisette.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Sauteed Head-on Prawns with Two Ginger Beurre Noisette
- Spinach Gnocchi Pancetta Beurre-Noisette with Chanterelles, Sage, Capers and Parmesan
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake with Buerre Noisette Buttercream for the Yule Log Tree Stump
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake with Beurre Noisette Buttercream for the Yule Log Tree Stump
- Sauteed Sea Bass Fillet with Cucumber