A crisp tortilla chip topped with melted cheese (usually cheddar) and chopped chiles, usually served as an appetizer or snack. Nachos sometimes appear on menus as "Mexican pizza," in which case they generally have additional toppings such as cooked, ground chorizo, onions and sometimes olives.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Nacho Abuelitos Grilled Cheese
- Nacho Bread Pizzas
- Nacho Topped Chili Pot
- Nacho Bake
- Nacho Deano's Tacos of Love
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Nacho Chip-Battered Flautas
- Pork Tenderloin Posole with Bottom of the Bowl Nacho Surprise
- Nacho Grande Poutine
- Nacho Jack-o'-Lantern Cheese Ball
- Nacho-rific Stuffed Chicken