Monkfish, also known as angler fish, is large, ugly, low-fat and firm textured. It has a mild, sweet flavor sometimes compared with lobster.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Monkfish Stew with Saffron Broth and Wild Mushrooms
- Monkfish Crazy Water Style
- Monkfish Chowder
- Monkfish with Almond Sauce
- Monkfish with Olive Sauce and Tomato Compote
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Monkfish and Mash Potatoes
- Monkfish in Herbes de Provence Marinade
- Gigot of Monkfish Romarin with Anchovies
- Bacon Wrapped Monkfish Served Peasant Style
- Braised Monkfish: Coda in Umido