Hailing from Japan, this feathery, delicate salad green can be found in farmer's markets and specialty produce markets from spring through summer. It's often found in mesclun, a special salad-green mix. Choose mizuna (also called siu cai) by its crisp, green leaves, avoiding any wilted or browning specimens. Refrigerate in a plastic bag for up to 5 days. Wash and thoroughly dry just before using.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Grilled Calamari on Mizuna Greens
- Grilled Ahi Tuna "Sashimi" Strips with Mizuna and Avocado
- Mizuna Lobster Mac N' Cheese
- Honey Glazed Grilled Fig Salad with Feta, Pistachio and Mizuna
- Wild Mushroom and Mizuna Salad with White Truffle Vinaigrette and Sage