A very thin, boneless beefsteak sometimes scored for tenderizing. It's small (6 to 9 ounces) and therefore usually cooked briefly1 minute per sideover very high heat.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Make-ahead Meal 3 Minute Steak Hoagies with Homemade Steak Sauce
- Dry Rubbed Porterhouse Steak With Bagna Cauda Sauce, Roasted Cauliflower, Porcini Hash and Poached Egg, and Tuscan Kale Chips
- Grilled Rib Eye Steak au Poivre with Dijon-Roasted Garlic Aioli Panko Fries and Tomato Salad
- Matambre (Rolled Stuffed Flank Steaks)
- Grilled Steak with Caramelized Onions, Blue Cheese, Wild Mushroom Relish and Roasted Red Pepper Sauce