A small, bowl-shaped tool used to cut round- or oval-shaped pieces of melon. The best melon ballers are rigidly constructed with wood or metal handles and sharp-edged, stainless-steel bowls, which come in a range of sizes, from about ¼ inch to 1 inch.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Melon and Olive Mini Skewers with Black Pepper Honey
- Melon Ball and Pineapple Brochettes
- Melon Balls with Honeylime Yogurt
- Caviar: Traditional Ideas Traditional Garnishes
- New Potatoes with Creme Fraiche and Caviar