A small coin-shaped piece of meat, usually beef, veal or pork.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Medallions of Fallow Deer with Green Caramelized Apples
- Medallions of Venison with Bramble Jelly or Blackberries
- Beef Medallion with Herb Roasted Potatoes, Warm Salad Greens and a Dried Morel Brandy Sauce
- Bratwurst Medallions over Sauteed Onions with Parsley Boiled Potatoes and Stuffed Carrot Canoes
- Veal Medallions with Caramelized Apples, Beeren Auslese Riesling, and Pine Nuts