1. Having a dry or powdery texture that resembles meal. 2. A term used to describe the texture of a baked potato as slightly dry and almost crumbly.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Cherry and Apricot Cobblers
- Apple Crisp with Streusel Topping
- Pecan Crusted Filet Mignon
- Chicken Pot Pie with Exotic Mushrooms and Tarragon
- Cajun Crab Cakes
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Make-ahead Meal 3 Minute Steak Hoagies with Homemade Steak Sauce
- Cocoa Nib and Corn Meal Crusted Fried Squid with a White Chocolate Sherry Vinegar Condiment and Pickled Radishes and Pea Greens Salad
- Bobby's Chicken-Fried Chicken
- Chocolate Egg Cream
- Pot Roast Stew