Ground matzo, generally available in two texturesfine and medium. Matzo meal is used in a variety of foods including gefilte fish, matzo balls and pancakes. It's also used to thicken soups and for breading foods to be fried. Matzo meal is available in Jewish markets and most supermarkets.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Chicken Soup With Matzo Balls
- Matzo Red Velvet Cake
- Matzo Ball Soup
- Matzo Balls
- Matzo Ball Soup and Chicken Salad
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Throwdown's Matzo Ball Soup
- Chocolate Coconut Matzo Bark
- Make-ahead Meal 3 Minute Steak Hoagies with Homemade Steak Sauce
- Sephardic Chicken Soup with Sofrito and Herbed Matzo Balls
- Chocolate Matzo Farfel Haystacks