A brilliant green powdered tea served in the Japanese tea ceremony. Matcha, also called hiki-cha is made from very high quality tea, which is too bitter for most western plates.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Green Tea Cupcakes Topped with Green Tea Buttercream Frosting
- Grilled Squid with Chamomayo
- Mistletoe and Holly Cocktail
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Mac and Cheese Pops
- Grilled Citrus Margarita
- Shot Glass Apps: Hummus and Veggies
- Shot Glass Apps: Gazpacho
- Baked French Fries