A brilliant green powdered tea served in the Japanese tea ceremony. Matcha, also called hiki-cha is made from very high quality tea, which is too bitter for most western plates.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Green Tea Cupcakes Topped with Green Tea Buttercream Frosting
- Grilled Squid with Chamomayo
- Mistletoe and Holly Cocktail
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Pimento Cheese Sandwiches
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Homemade Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- IPA and Cheddar Spread
- Shot Glass Apps: Mint Chocolate Pudding