Malt vinegar is a mellow-flavored favorite in Britain, particularly with fish and chips. It's based on malted barley and sometimes colored with caramel.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Malt Vinegar Oven Fries
- Grilled Steak Fries with Malt Vinegar Aioli
- Sweet Potato Fries with Malt Vinegar
- Smoked Trout with Malt Vinegar Salad Stuffed Creamer
- Cod Goujonettes with Salt and Malt Vinegar Aioli
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Malt Vinegar Mashed Potatoes with Dill
- Avocado BLT, Frites with Malt Vinegar Dipping Sauce and Avocado Pudding
- Breaded Pork Chops with Vinegar - Chuletas con Vinagre
- Garlic Vinegar Footbath
- Strawberries with Balsamic Vinegar