Malt vinegar is a mellow-flavored favorite in Britain, particularly with fish and chips. It's based on malted barley and sometimes colored with caramel.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Malt Vinegar Oven Fries
- Smoked Trout with Malt Vinegar Salad Stuffed Creamer
- Sweet Potato Fries with Malt Vinegar
- Grilled Steak Fries with Malt Vinegar Aioli
- Cod Goujonettes with Salt and Malt Vinegar Aioli
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Malt Vinegar Mashed Potatoes with Dill
- Avocado BLT, Frites with Malt Vinegar Dipping Sauce and Avocado Pudding
- Clementines with Vinegar and Pepper
- Vinegar-Coarse Salt Chipotle Roasted Potatoes
- Vinegar and Salt Grilled Potato "Chips"