To soak a food (usually fruit) in a liquid in order to infuse it with the liquid's flavor. A spirit such as brandy, rum or a liqueur is usually the macerating liquid. See also marinate.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Quercyan Apple Cake
- Chocolate Strawberry Crepes with Caramel Sauce
- Mascarpone and Berry Parfaits
- Country Ham and Fried Egg on Angel Biscuits
- Free Range Fruitcake
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Macerated Strawberries
- Sour Cream Cake with Macerated Berries
- Grilled Pound Cake with Macerated Berries and Syllabub
- Macerated Berries
- Mille Feuille of Benne Wafers and Pineapple Pastry Cream with Macerated Berries