1. A flank steak that has been cut into large pieces, tenderized by marinating, broiled or grilled, then thinly sliced across the grain. 2. A term also used for various thick cuts of meat including sirloin tip (see sirloin) and top round (see round).
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- London Broil with Steak Sauce Gravy, Smashed Cauliflower with Cheese, Ham and Red Chard
- London Broil with Green Peppercorn Butter
- London Broil and Portobello Sandwich
- London Broil With Cheesy Yorkshire Pudding
- London Broil with Herb Butter