1. A distilled, alcoholic beverage made from a fermented mash of various ingredients including grains or other plants. whiskey, gin, vodka and rum are among the most popular. 2. An oyster's natural juices are referred to as its "liquor." 3. Pot liquor or pot likker refers to the liquid resulting from cooking meats or vegetables.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Liquor Filled Sugar Shells
- Espresso Cake with Tuscan Liquor Buttercream and Caramel Glass
- Crumbled Biscotti Crust with Lemon Liquor Cream and Deconstructed Lime Tart
- Philadelphia Kentucky-Style Fish House Punch
- Callaloo's Volcano