Traditionally served at Hanukkah, the latke is a pancake usually made from grated potatoes mixed with eggs, onions, matzo meal and seasonings. It's fried and served hot as a side dish.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Sweet Potato-Chive Latkes
- Potato Latkes with Smoked Salmon, Creme Fraiche, and American Farmed Caviar
- Parsnip-Potato Latkes With Cinnamon Applesauce
- Latkes with Celery and Herbs
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Leftover Latkes
- Emeril's Special Latkes
- Potato Jalapeno Latkes with Horseradish Crema
- Potato Latkes with Smoked Turkey Leg and Kumquat Chutney
- Potato Pancakes (Latkes)