Categories: Pasta Dishes
pl. 1. A wide flat noodle, sometimes with ruffled edges. 2. A dish made by layering boiled lasagna noodles with various cheeses (usually including mozzarella) with the cook's choice of sauce, the most common being tomato, meat or béchamel. This dish is then baked until bubbly and golden brown.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Mary's Lasagna
- Manly Man Lasagna
- Classic Lasagna Bolognese
- Beef and Cheese Lasagna
- Squash and Chestnut Lasagna
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Lasagne Bolognese al Forno
- Eggplant Lasagna Dumpling
- Open-Face Lasagna with Morel Mushrooms and Asparagus
- Emeril's Lasagna