Pronunciation: [LAHR-don; lahr-DOON]
1. Narrow strips of fat used to lard meats. 2. The French also use the term lardon to refer to bacon that has been diced, blanched and fried.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Frisee Lardons with Poached Eggs
- Frisee Salad with Lardons, Fried Eggs and Vinaigrette
- Frisee Salad with Lardons, Eggs and Herbed Vinaigrette
- Frisee aux Lardons
- Frisee Salad with Lardons and Poached Eggs