This large Florida-grown orange has a rather flattened shape and loose rough skin. It has a juicy, sweetly tart flesh and is in season from December to April. See also orange.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Bittersweet Chocolate Marquise with Orange Creme Anglaise
- Burnt-Orange Panna Cotta
- Espresso-Hazelnut Cheesecakes with Orange Caramel Sauce
- Individual Orange and Chocolate Cheesecakes
- Orange Citrus Bars
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Cherry Pie Inspired By an "Old Fashioned" Cocktail (Sour Cherries Stewed With Raw Sugar, Bourbon and Orange Bitters)
- Drunken Alaskan King Crab Legs
- Cranberry-Orange and Almond Pudding
- Endive and Frisee Salad with Oranges
- Sticky Braised Short Ribs and Seared Scallops with Orange Saffron Sauce