This large Florida-grown orange has a rather flattened shape and loose rough skin. It has a juicy, sweetly tart flesh and is in season from December to April. See also orange.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Espresso-Hazelnut Cheesecakes with Orange Caramel Sauce
- Burnt-Orange Panna Cotta
- Bittersweet Chocolate Marquise with Orange Creme Anglaise
- Orange Poppy Seed Wafers
- Orange Supremes with Fresh Vanilla Bean
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Pan-Seared Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary Balsamic and Orange Sauce
- King Oyster Bruschetta
- Orange-Scented Almond Cookies: Amygdalota me Orange
- Orange, Red Onion and Fennel Salad
- Tchoup Chop Kalua Pork Egg Rolls served with Orange-Thai Chili Dipping Sauce