This large, plump almond is imported from Spain and sold plain as well as encased in hard pastel candy coatings of various colors. See also almond; nuts.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Bunny Face
- Hanukkah Meringues
- Almond Crusted Soft-Shell Crab, with a Fennel and Artichoke Salad with Roasted Almond Puree
- Asian Sesame-Spiced Almonds and Peanuts with Oyster Crackers
- Marcona Almonds with Sea Salt
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Cranberry-Orange and Almond Pudding
- Meyer Lemon and Spanish Almond Semifreddo
- Chocolate Almond Apricot Brittle
- Apple, Dried Cherry and Almond loaf
- Toasted Cecchi, Almonds, and Pistachios