This large, plump almond is imported from Spain and sold plain as well as encased in hard pastel candy coatings of various colors. See also almond; nuts.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Bunny Face
- Hanukkah Meringues
- Almond Crusted Soft-Shell Crab, with a Fennel and Artichoke Salad with Roasted Almond Puree
- Almond Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Spiced Almonds
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Lamb Meatballs in Almond Sauce
- Orange-Scented Almond Cookies: Amygdalota me Orange
- Almond, Elderflower and Lime Tea Cakes
- Watercress Salad with Dried Fruit and Almonds
- Cherry, Almond, and Herb Salad