Considered to be one of the best culinary apples, the Jonagold is a cross between the golden delicious and jonathan apples. It has a moderately crisp, very juicy, sweet-tart flesh. The color of this all-purpose apple can depend on the climate in which it's grown and ranges from a mottled red and yellow skin, to red striping, to more predominantly red. See also apple.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Brown Butter Apple Crostata with Apple Cider Caramel Sauce
- Roasted Apples with Sabayon Sauce
- Warm Taffy Apples with Cinnamon Twists
- Apple Crisp with Bourbon Cream
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Stone Church Farm Heirloom Country Duck with Oven-Dried Jonagold Apples and Foie Gras
- Baked Prosciutto and Brie with Apple Butter
- Country Ham and Apples
- Apple Crumble Bars
- Green Apple Martini