Categories: Cookware & Cooking Gadgets
Also known as a sheet pan, this rectangular baking pan has about 1-inch-deep sides and is used to make sheet cakes or sponge cakes used for jelly rolls. Such pans are usually 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1 inch; however there is a smaller pan measuring 12 x 7 x 3/4 inch and a larger one measuring 17 x 11 x 1 inch.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Pan Roasted Chicken with Crushed Blackberry-Ancho Sauce and Green Onion Smashed Potatoes
- Pan Roasted Ostrich with Crispy Sweetbreads, Salsify Puree, Potato Puree, Oven-Dried Tomatoes, Pencil Asparagus, Enoki Mushrooms, and Glace Des Medoc
- Pan Roasted Black Grouper with Wild American Shrimp, Black-Eyed Pea Cakes, Applewood Smoked Bacon and Frisee Salad and Smoked Tomato Coulis
- Pan Roasted Filet Mignon with Asparagus Sea Bass with Roasted Cauliflower Puree
- Pan-Fried Catfish Sandwich with Chipotle-Lime Slaw