Categories: Cookware & Cooking Gadgets
Also known as a sheet pan, this rectangular baking pan has about 1-inch-deep sides and is used to make sheet cakes or sponge cakes used for jelly rolls. Such pans are usually 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1 inch; however there is a smaller pan measuring 12 x 7 x 3/4 inch and a larger one measuring 17 x 11 x 1 inch.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Pan Roasted Chicken with Crushed Blackberry-Ancho Sauce and Green Onion Smashed Potatoes
- Pan Roasted Ostrich with Crispy Sweetbreads, Salsify Puree, Potato Puree, Oven-Dried Tomatoes, Pencil Asparagus, Enoki Mushrooms, and Glace Des Medoc
- Jelly Roll
- Pan-Fried Catfish Sandwich with Chipotle-Lime Slaw
- Jelly Filled Donuts
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Peaches and Cream Jelly Roll
- Pan-Seared Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary Balsamic and Orange Sauce
- Seared Magret Duck Breasts with Duck Fat, Pan-Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Haricots Verts and a Balsamic Cherry Reduction
- Charlotte's Pan-Roasted Latin Style Garlic Soup
- Shredded Pork Summer Rolls