An aromatic rice from Thailand that has a flavor and fragrance comparable to the expensive basmati rice from India, at a fraction of the cost. See also rice.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Long Grain White Rice with Corn, Peppers and Onions
- Steamed Rice
- Toasted Jasmine Rice with Grilled Scallions
- Jasmine Rice Pilaf with Mustard Seeds
- Fragrant Jasmine Rice Pilaf
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Vietnamese Chicken and Rice Soup
- Chile Chicken with Jasmine Rice
- Scented Jasmine Rice
- Thai Red Curry Shrimp with Jasmine Rice
- Spicy Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Mango Basil Salsa and Lime Jasmine Rice