Almost identical to french bread, with the exception of its shape, which is shorter and plumper than the French baguette. The top of Italian bread is sometimes sprinkled with sesame seed.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Herbed Garlic Bread
- Bread Pudding Souffle with Whiskey Sauce
- Basic Italian Bread
- Italian Blt Chicken Salad
- Italian-style Sausages, Onions and Peppers
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Italian Bread and Cabbage Soup with Sage Butter
- Spicy Italian Corn Bread
- Spaghetti with Toasted Bread Crumbs, Oregano and Italian Parsley
- Italian Bagel Caprese
- Chicken, Broccoli and Cheese Garbage Bread