Instant flour is a granular flour especially formulated to dissolve quickly in hot or cold liquids. It's used mainly as a thickener in sauces, gravies and other cooked mixtures.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Fried Scrapple and Egg Sandwich
- Pan-Fried Flounder with Dilled Tartar Sauce
- Fish with Polenta and Mushrooms: Merluzzo con Polenta e Funghi
- Wild Mushroom Confit and Barley Salad
- Fried Clams with a Classic Tartar Sauce
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Fire-Roasted Corn Dip with Crispy Flour and Blue Corn Chips
- Castagnaccio: Chestnut Flour Cake
- Homemade Instant Pancake Mix and Blueberry Syrup
- Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- Steamed Rice Flour Cakes with Dried Shrimp: Banh Beo