Instant flour is a granular flour especially formulated to dissolve quickly in hot or cold liquids. It's used mainly as a thickener in sauces, gravies and other cooked mixtures.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Fried Scrapple and Egg Sandwich
- Braised Collard Greens on Grits Cakes
- Fish with Polenta and Mushrooms: Merluzzo con Polenta e Funghi
- Scallop Salad with Haricots Verts and Truffle Oil
- Sole Goujons with Paprika Salt