Potatoes that are sliced and fried, often with finely chopped onions or green peppers. The potatoes can either be raw or boiled before slicing. Also called cottage-fried potatoes.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Sugar and Salt Pork with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Preserved Lemons
- Potato and Corn Salad with Chipotle Mayonnaise
- Ravadosa Pancakes with Sweet Potato and Cumin Filling
- Melted Raclette Cheese with Marble Potatoes and Purslane
- Potato and Wild Mushroom Napoleons
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Crabmeat Crusted Diver Scallops with a Warm Chorizo Potato Salad
- Creamy Potato Gratin
- Potato Cepelinai
- Crisp Red Snapper with Ragout of Potatoes, Onions, Artichokes, and Green Olives with Sauce Vierge
- Smashed Potato Salad