Potatoes that are sliced and fried, often with finely chopped onions or green peppers. The potatoes can either be raw or boiled before slicing. Also called cottage-fried potatoes.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Potato and Corn Salad with Chipotle Mayonnaise
- Sugar and Salt Pork with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Preserved Lemons
- Melted Raclette Cheese with Marble Potatoes and Purslane
- Ravadosa Pancakes with Sweet Potato and Cumin Filling
- Double Cut Pork Chops with Tamarind Glaze, Green Mole Sauce and Caramelized Sweet Potatoes