Categories: Beans and Legumes
A general term for any of various dried seeds that come from several varieties of the green bean. Among the more popular haricot beans are cannellini bean, great northern bean and navy bean. See also beans.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Cold Hors d'Oeuvres
- Humble Home-Cooked Beans
- Round 2 Recipe - Three Layer Bean Dip
- Pinto Beans
- Pinto Beans with Burnt Ends
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Grilled Swordfish with White Bean Relish and Potato Skordalia
- The Once and Future Beans
- Grilled Prawns with White Beans
- Seared Magret Duck Breasts with Duck Fat, Pan-Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Haricots Verts and a Balsamic Cherry Reduction
- Grilled Tuna with Black Bean Chili, Avocado Puree and Fried Tortillas