Categories: Beans and Legumes
A general term for any of various dried seeds that come from several varieties of the green bean. Among the more popular haricot beans are cannellini bean, great northern bean and navy bean. See also beans.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Cold Hors d'Oeuvres
- Humble Home-Cooked Beans
- Pinto Beans with Burnt Ends
- Pinto Beans
- Shaker Fresh Cranberry Bean Chowder
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Grilled Flank Steak, Portobello and Green Bean Salad
- Bean and Barley Soup: Minestra di Fagioli
- Black Bean Salad with Mango, Cilantro and Lime
- We Stole Mom's Green Beans
- Cold Puree of White Bean Soup with a Crispy Pancetta and Creole Tomato Relish