A saltwater fish that is closely related to but smaller than cod. The lowfat haddock has a firm texture and mild flavor. It can weigh anywhere from 2 to 6 pounds and is available fresh either whole or in fillets and steaks, and frozen in fillets and steaks. Haddock is suitable for any style of preparation including baking, poaching, sautéing and grilling. Smoked haddock is called finnan haddie. See also fish.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Haddock Margarita with Pan Roasted Potatoes
- Haddock with Bacon and Onions
- Haddock Caught Off Gloucester with Tender Bacon and Coleman's Mustard Chutney
- Baked Haddock, Ellida Style
- Twice Baked Smoked Haddock Souffle