n.1. A heavy metal grate that is set over hot coals or other heat source and used to cook foods such as steak or hamburgers. 2. A dish of food (usually meat, such as mixed grill) cooked on a grill. grill v. To prepare food on a grill over hot coals or other heat source. The term barbecue is often used synonymously with grill.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Grill Works Sandwich
- Grill it Up a Notch Ham and Cheese Sandwich
- MIXED GRILL WITH A WARM POTATO AND CHORIZO SALAD
- Mixed Grill with a Warm Potato and Chorizo Salad
- BBQ Grill Cubed Sirloin Steak with Jalapeno BBQ Sauce
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Grill Your Peaches Cocktail
- Grilled Beef Braciole with Grilled Tomato-Basil Relish
- Vinegar and Salt Grilled Potato "Chips"
- Grilled Eggplant with Garlic Sauce and Mint
- Grilled Salmon with Morel Vinaigrette