n.1. A heavy metal grate that is set over hot coals or other heat source and used to cook foods such as steak or hamburgers. 2. A dish of food (usually meat, such as mixed grill) cooked on a grill. grill v. To prepare food on a grill over hot coals or other heat source. The term barbecue is often used synonymously with grill.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Grill Works Sandwich
- Grill it Up a Notch Ham and Cheese Sandwich
- BBQ Grill Cubed Sirloin Steak with Jalapeno BBQ Sauce
- Mixed Grill with a Warm Potato and Chorizo Salad
- MIXED GRILL WITH A WARM POTATO AND CHORIZO SALAD
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Grilled Eggplant with Garlic Sauce and Mint
- Grilled Lomo Saltado
- Grilled Insalata Di Mare
- Grilled Chicken with Roasted Garlic-Oregano Vinaigrette and Grilled Fingerling Potatoes
- Grilled Lamb Chops with Rosemary, Salt, and Tapanade Aioli