All-purpose apple with green skin streaked with red and yellow. The fine-textured, highly aromatic flesh is crisp, juicy and sweetly tart. See also apple.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Brown Butter Apple Crostata with Apple Cider Caramel Sauce
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Roasted Apples with Sabayon Sauce
- Fried Apple Pies
- Apple Bomboloni
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Bourbon Apple Glazed Chicken Wings
- Double-0-Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Bowl
- Apple Crumble
- Apple Tarte Tatin
- Deep Fried Apple Pies with Cheddar Crust