A breakfast food consisting of various combinations of grains (mainly oats), nuts and dried fruits. Some manufacturers toast their granola with oil and honey, giving it a crisp texture, sweet glaze and more calories. See also muesli.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Yogurt and Granola Trifle
- Roasted Hazelnut Granola
- Big Daddy's Get Up Granola
- Apricot-Yogurt Parfait with California Granola
- Granola Peanut Butter Balls
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Apple Betty "Granola" with Banana Creme
- Lemon Yogurt Berry Swirl with Homemade Granola
- Bal's Homemade Granola