A large, freckled green all-purpose apple with a hard, crisp, moderately juicy flesh that's fairly tart. See also apple.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Vidalia Onion and Granny Smith Apple Chutney
- Turkey Burgers Filled with Brie and Grilled Granny Smith Apples
- Chicken Sandwiches with Brie, Shaved Granny Smith Apple and Dijon-Balsamic Reduction on Toasted Challah
- Granny Smith Apples with Crispy Banana and Rum Ice Cream
- Kabocha Squash Soup with Creme Fraiche, Caramelized Granny Smith Apple and Madras Curry Cotton Candy