An all-purpose apple with a yellow to yellow-green skin and a sweet, crisp, juicy flesh that resists browning. Fruit grown in the western United States can be quite bland and doesn't have the flavor complexity of that grown in the eastern portion. See also apple.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Ulrika's Mother's Meatballs with Red Beet Relish
- Potato and Mushroom Pierogies with Roasted Apples
- Ricotta Pancakes with Roasted Golden Delicious Apples and Roasted Prosciutto
- Roasted Apples with Sabayon Sauce
- Brown Butter Apple Crostata with Apple Cider Caramel Sauce