An all-purpose apple with a yellow to yellow-green skin and a sweet, crisp, juicy flesh that resists browning. Fruit grown in the western United States can be quite bland and doesn't have the flavor complexity of that grown in the eastern portion. See also apple.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Ricotta Pancakes with Roasted Golden Delicious Apples and Roasted Prosciutto
- Pork Chops with Golden Apple Sauce
- Leg of Lamb Stuffed with Apple Wood Smoked Chevre and Golden Chanterelles
- Pork Chops, Golden Apple and Raisin Sauce, Whole Wheat Pasta Mac-n-Cheddar
- Ulrika's Mother's Meatballs with Red Beet Relish