Made in both nonalcoholic and alcoholic forms, this carbonated beverage tastes like ginger ale with a stronger ginger flavor. It's an integral ingredient in the mixed drink, moscow mule.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Braised Pork Belly with Juniper and Ginger Beer over Stone Ground Grits
- Steamed Sea Bass in Hot Beer and Ginger Lime sauce
- Japanese Yellowtail with Ginger Roasted Shiitake Mushrooms and Root Beer Hoisin Vinaigrette
- Baked Chinese Rice with Peas and Ginger
- Roast Leg of Lamb with Dark Beer, Honey and Thyme