Dehydrated garlic flakes (sometimes referred to as instant garlic) are slices or bits of garlic that must be reconstituted before using (unless added to a liquid-based dish, such as soup or stew). When dehydrated garlic flakes are ground, the result is garlic powder. Garlic salt is garlic powder blended with salt and a moisture-absorbing agent.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Garlic and Rosemary Goat Cheese Tart Served with Spring Greens and Black Olive Vinaigrette
- Garlic Roast Lamb Shank in Roasted Mushroom and Sesame Broth
- Garlic Wine Sauce
- Pan Seared Prime Rib with a Red Wine Reduction, Grilled Seasonal Vegetables and Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Garlic Custards with Seared Shrimp and Green Onion Coulis
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Sweet Potato Fries with Basil Salt and Garlic Mayonnaise
- Sweet Potato and Beet Chips with Garlic Rosemary Salt
- Salt Cured Cod and Roasted Garlic Croutons
- Horseradish And Garlic Prime Rib
- Salt Crusted New York Strip