A cross between Kidd's Orange Red and golden delicious, this is red mottled with yellow. It has a perfumy flesh that's sweet, slightly spicy, crisp and juicy. See also apple.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Potato and Mushroom Pierogies with Roasted Apples
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Brown Butter Apple Crostata with Apple Cider Caramel Sauce
- Roasted Apples with Sabayon Sauce
- Warm Taffy Apples with Cinnamon Twists
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Sauteed Gala Apples
- Baked Prosciutto and Brie with Apple Butter
- Country Ham and Apples
- Apple Crumble Bars
- Green Apple Martini