Pronunciation: [guy CHOY]
A deep green, broad-leafed cabbage with a pungent, mustardlike flavor. Gai choy is available in Asian markets and some specialty produce markets. Choose heads that are firm and blemish free. Refrigerate, tightly wrapped, for up to 1 week. Chop gai choy and use in soups or stir-fry dishes.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Spicy Hawaiian Fish Stew with Creamy 'Poi'
- Smoked Duck Potstickers with Orange Chili Plum Sauce
- Gai Yang: Grilled Chicken
- Best Bok Choy
- Baby Bok Choy with Bacon, Onion and Butter Beans
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Stir-fried Baby Bok Choy with Shiitake Mushrooms
- Grilled Chicken Wings in Gai Yang Sauce
- Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps (Larb Gai)
- Kaow Soi Gai
- Garlicky Bok Choy