Pronunciation: [fyoo-MAY; foo-MAY]
A concentrated stock, particularly one made from fish or mushrooms, used to add flavor to less intensely flavored stocks or sauces. See also fond.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Sauteed Diver Sea Scallops with Sake Nage
- Braised Black Sea Bass with Spring Vegetables and Lemon-Black Olive Bouillon
- Scandinavian-Style Rare-Cooked Salmon with Fava Beans and Peas
- Oven Poached Stuffed Striped Bass
- Spaghettini with Chopped Shrimp and Scallops in Rich Broth